Statement of Faith
I. THE HOLY SCRIPTURES
• I believe that the Holy Bible is comprised of the 66-book canon of Scripture, which makes up both the Old and New Testaments. I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, the revelation of God’s will for salvation, and the divine and final authority for Christian faith and life. The words in the Bible are the very words God wanted recorded (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Exodus 34:27).
• I believe in One God who eternally, simultaneously, and distinctly (yet still remaining one God) exists as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4;Mark 12:19; Isaiah 43:10; Isaiah 44:6-8; Isaiah 45:5-6; Matthew 28:19;Ephesians 1:3; John 1:1-3; John16:13).
• I believe that I am saved from moral decay, destruction, and eternal separation from God by faith, dependent only upon the grace of God, through the atoning sacrifice of Christ (Romans 5:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:10; Luke 13:3); John 1:12-13,John 3:3-7;1 Corinthians 3:16; Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:13; Joel 2:28; Acts 10:44,46-48;Luke 24:49;Acts 2:4; Acts 11:15-17;19:6;Romans 2:29;Ephesians 1:13-14; John 13:35; 2 Timothy 1:7; Romans 6:22; James 2:26;Mark 8:34-36).
• I believe that at the moment I genuinely accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I have been justified, sanctified, and received the Holy Spirit as a deposit of my salvation (Ephesians 1; 1 Corinthians 11; John 1:12;John 3)
• I believe that I will receive the filling of the Holy Spirit with accompanying signs and a very tangible, life changing, and a supernatural prophetic experience as I yield to the Holy Spirit as recorded in scripture (Joel 2:28.(John 1:12-13, John 3:3-7; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:13; Joel 2:28; Acts 10:44, 46-48; Luke 24:49; Acts 2:4; Acts 11:15-17; 19:6;Romans 2:29; Ephesians 1:13-14; John 13:35; 2 Timothy 1:7; Romans 6:22; James 2:26; Mark 8:34-36).
IV. NEW COVENANT IN CHRIST
•I believe that Jesus Christ has fulfilled the Old Covenant and established a New Covenant through his blood and that through this New Covenant I have entered into God’s Kingdom rest. Because of Christ, we are now the temple of the Holy Spirit and are called to live and keep every day holy as everything we do in Christ is now consecrated and holy (Romans 14; Col 2:16; Matthew 28:18-20; Hebrews 4:3; Matthew 11:28-12:1; 1 Cor 6:19; 1 Peter 2:9; 1 Cor 6:11)
• I believe in discipleship where I begin to understand and confirm my faith through obedience to the teachings of Christ (Matthew 28:18-20).
VI. THE CHURCH
• I believe in church fellowship and the mission of Jesus which is to proclaim the gospel to the world, nurture the redeemed by teaching obedience to Christ’s/Apostles commandments and teachings, and to show forth a pattern of good works for the glory of God and I will help to make this happen (Matthew 28:19-20;1 Peter 2:12;1 Corinthians 11:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:15; Ephesians 4:7-13; 1 Corinthians 12; Romans 12:4-5).
•I believe that the Christian church was always meant to operate in ALL the gifts of the Spirit listed in Scripture and are meant to bring the body of Christ into greater unity and fullness of faith (Ephesians 4; 1 Corinthians 12-14)
• I believe that God gifts all people and uses both men and women in ministry, but some roles are gender specific (Acts 20:28; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9; Galatians 3:28; 1 Corinthians 11:2-16; 1 Timothy 2:11-15; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9).
•I believe in regular assembly for worship, participation in ordinances, edification and mutual encouragement (Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Peter 2:12; 1 Corinthians 11:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:15; Ephesians 4:7-13; 1 Corinthians 12; Romans 12:4-5).
•I believe in having a home church and I am committed to loving the visitors that attend, growing in my relationship with the members, and inviting people to Jesus and my church so that the kingdom of God can advance (Acts 20:28; John 13:35; Acts 2:40-42).
•I believe God has appointed elders/overseers, deacons, and other leaders in the church (Acts 20:28; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9; Galatians 3:28; 1 Corinthians 11:2-16; 1 Timothy 2:11-15; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9).
•I believe that God appoints apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers for the perfecting of the saints, the work of ministry, and the edifying of the body of Christ ( Ephesians 4:11-13).
VIX. UNITY: •I believe I should live a life worthy of respect, honor, nobility, self-control, and patience, honoring others above themselves, submitting to one another in Christ-like love, and forgiving one another (Ephesians 5:21; John 13:35; John 15:12; 1 Corinthians 13:4-7; Romans 13:10; 1 Corinthians 8:1; Galatians 5:13; 1 John 4:18; 1 John 3:18; Romans 12:9-21; Ephesians 4:32).
X. KINGDOM ORDER:
•I believe in God’s order that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God (1 Corinthians 14:40; 1 Corinthians 11:3;1 Corinthians 11:1-16).
•I believe that in church fellowship everything should be done with order and decency. I believe in the prarctice of head-coverings for women and no head-coverings for men while praying, prophesying according to the principles and reasons taught in 1 Corinthians 11 (1 Corinthians 14:40; 1 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16).
•I believe in church discipline to bring about a level of accountability amongst believers (1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Galatians 6:1; James 5:19-20; Matthew 18:15-17; Titus 3:10-11; 1 Corinthians 5:6, 9-13; 2 Thessalonians 3:14).
•I believe in heartfelt worship through instruments, voices, clapping, dance, and the usage of all spiritual gifts (2 Samuel 6:5; Psalms 47:1; Psalms 98:4; Psalms 150; 1 Corinthians 12:7).
•I believe in identifying with Jesus in His death, burial and resurrection in baptism by immersion in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: The name of Jesus Christ: (Romans 10:10, 13; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:21, Acts 2:38; Acts 4:12, 17; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:3-11, Acts 8:38; 1 Peter 3:21; Galatians 3:27-29; Colossians 3:17).
THE LORD’S SUPPER:
•I believe in observing the Lord’s Supper as a memorial of Christ’s death, symbolizing the blood and body of Christ (1 Corinthians 11:23-33).
XIV. FAMILY VALUES
GENDER: •I believe Adam and Eve were created in God’s image, equal before God as persons yet distinct in their manhood and womanhood (Genesis 2:18;Ephesians 5:21-33; Colossians 3:18-19; 1 Timothy 2:11-15; 1 Peter 3:1-7; Genesis 1:26-27).
•I believe that Christian marriage is a covenant involving the union of two believers of the opposite sex, symbolizing the holy relationship of Christ and the church (Ephesians 5:21-33; Colossians 3:18-19; Titus 2:3-5;1 Peter 3:1-7; Numbers 30:1-16; 1 Corinthians 7:39; 1
Timothy 5:8;1 Corinthians 7:4; Genesis 2:18-24; Ephesians 5:22-25).
XV. APPEARANCE: •I believe that women should dress with modesty and men should strive to honor God in their appearance by also presenting themselves with dignity (1 Timothy 2:9; 1 Peter 3:1-6; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16; Deuteronomy 22:5; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
XVI. END THINGS
• I believe Jesus will come again to judge the at an unknown time establishing His kingdom on earth (Matthew 25:31-46; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:10-14; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Acts 1:6-11; Revelation 1:7; Zechariah 14:9; Micah 4:1-4).•I believe in the New heaven and the new earth and those that are born again will enter therein (Rev 20-22).
•I believe in a literal Hell that is a place of everlasting torment prepared for the devil , his angels, and all who have not repented of their sins and trusted in God and in His son Jesus (Matthew 25:41,46; Daniel 12:2; Revelation 19:3; Revelation 20:10; Revelation 21:8).